The first article in this two part series, Automating Nexus Management: Using the REST API in Nexus 2.x, examined the resources available for developers who want to use the Nexus 2.x REST API. In this installment we’ll focus on how to deploy Nexus itself using various cookbooks and modules for provisioning tools.
Are there any example cookbooks / modules / playbooks / docker images I can use?
I’ve also highlighted a few key tools from this list for convenience.
Last year, Riot games shared their Chef cookbook for Nexus:
Puppet Module for Sonatype Nexus
The Ansible Playbook
Again, some great stuff uncovered from github (use with caution and customise with care)
Official Sonatype Nexus Docker Image:
Nexus Docker Image
Vagran Box on GitHub
Latest posts by Ilkka Turunen (see all)
- The Latest Victim of Deserialization-Gate - November 23, 2015
- Nexus and SSL - November 4, 2015
- 3 Things Developers Can Learn from the Scandal at VW - October 28, 2015
- Automating Nexus Deployment: Cookbooks, Modules and Playbooks - August 18, 2015
- Using the REST API in Nexus 2.x - August 13, 2015