Follow Mark Miller on twitter: @TSWAlliance
I was talking with Nathen Harvey at DevOpsDays Boston this week and the topic of open space technology meetings came up. We had tried it at the Sonatype Engineering Summit last month and it worked extremely well.
As Nathen and I were discussing how effective it was at DevOpsDays Boston, he mentioned that he had actually done a remote open spaces session with his company, Chef; 200 people including the c-level execs were involved. From Nathen’s perspective, it was effective enough to consider doing once a quarter. Before he could get much farther, I pulled out my trusty video recorder and was able to capture how he was able to do it, along with tricks and traps for the next iteration
I’d love your response to this. Are remote open spaces something you would consider trying out? Have you done it? Can we document a process that will make it more successful? Have a listen to our discussion and let us know what you think.
Latest posts by Mark Miller (see all)
- Expanding Community Engagement at OWASP w/ Greg Anderson [Podcast] - November 30, 2017
- Application Health Check App v.2.3.0-02 - November 28, 2017
- Thoughts on Security in the Modern Software Supply Chain with Caroline Wong and Paula Thrasher - November 16, 2017
- AppSec EU 2017 Belfast in 10 Minutes or Less - May 12, 2017
- The Nexus Exchange: 30 New Integrations from the Community - April 17, 2017