It’s Tuesday, the initial flood of “to do’s” has passed through the inbox and now it’s time to determine what’s on the agenda for the rest of the week. There are some pretty great DevOps podcasts floating around, so I’m listing my top five for this week… specific episodes for the drive home or the train commute.
- DevOps Cafe Episode 67 – Mark Imbriaco
Mark Imbriaco has some interesting perspectives on ChatOps. If you haven’t considered integrating operations and HipChat or Slack, this will be a good starting point to see what’s capable and why you might consider it.
- Arrested DevOps – DevopsDays Toronto 2016
Bridget goes to DevOpsDays Toronto, eh, and chats with speaker Sean Walberg (NFL), sponsor Sarah Kowalik (PagerDuty), and local organizers Steve Pereira (Statflo) and Dave Cliffe (PagerDuty). Special guest appearance by ADO editor and devopsdays Minneapolis organizer Joe Laha.
- Food Fight Podcast – InSpec
A discussion about InSpec, the open-source testing framework for infrastructure with a human- and machine-readable language for specifying compliance, security, and policy requirements.
- DevOps Mastery – 5 Steps to Taking the Fear Out of Automation Projects
A lot of people new to automation are very nervous about letting a script or program like Chef change a production system. That fear can really slow the advance of a DevOps movement. But ignoring those people’s fears is not the answer. So here are some tips and tricks to get everyone, including yourself, to be more confident about writing world changing scripts.
- The Ship Show – Extinguishing Burnout
2015 was the year that we saw the issue of systemic, professional burnout make its unfortunate entrance onto the stage of high technology and DevOps. In this episode, we interview the world’s foremost expert on burnout, Dr. Christina Maslach, a psychology professor and researcher at UC Berkeley about burnout, its causes and effects, and most importantly: what we can do about it
Latest posts by Mark Miller (see all)
- Expanding Community Engagement at OWASP w/ Greg Anderson [Podcast] - November 30, 2017
- Application Health Check App v.2.3.0-02 - November 28, 2017
- Thoughts on Security in the Modern Software Supply Chain with Caroline Wong and Paula Thrasher - November 16, 2017
- AppSec EU 2017 Belfast in 10 Minutes or Less - May 12, 2017
- The Nexus Exchange: 30 New Integrations from the Community - April 17, 2017