At AppSecEU 2016 in Rome, Italy, I sat down with project leads and session leaders to hear what they were working on and what they would like the community to know about their projects and plans. Interviews will be added to this list as they become available, so check back each day to see the updates.
If you like what you hear, please consider subscribing to the OWASP 24/7 Soundcloud Channel.
2016 AppSecEU – Update On The ASVS Project with Andrew van der Stock
The Application Security Verification Standard Project is a Flagship project at OWASP. It provides a basis for testing web application technical security controls and also provides developers with a list of requirements for secure development. I sat down with Andrew van der Stock at AppSecEU 2016 to get the most recent updates on the project and to gain an insight into future plans.
The OWASP University Challenge
At 2016 AppSecEU in Rome, five teams competed during the OWASP University Challenge. During the event, teams solve mission style security challenges using the Hacking-Lab framework. I talked with the organizers of the challenge and two of the participant teams to see how the challenge was going and what value they were getting by participating in the contest.
Latest posts by Mark Miller (see all)
- Expanding Community Engagement at OWASP w/ Greg Anderson [Podcast] - November 30, 2017
- Application Health Check App v.2.3.0-02 - November 28, 2017
- Thoughts on Security in the Modern Software Supply Chain with Caroline Wong and Paula Thrasher - November 16, 2017
- AppSec EU 2017 Belfast in 10 Minutes or Less - May 12, 2017
- The Nexus Exchange: 30 New Integrations from the Community - April 17, 2017