Jason Schmitt‘s passion is to assure security is built into the development process, not just as a bolt-on add-on. His experience in various aspects of software security has led him on a path through mobile, application and cloud security.
In our conversation, Jason talks about the value OWASP provides to the security community as well as what he perceives as a critical time for the integration between DevOps and security.
About Jason Schmitt
Jason Schmitt is vice president and general manager of HPE Security Products, Fortify for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. He is responsible for driving the growth of Fortify’s software security business and managing all operational functions within the group. Schmitt has extensive experience in product management, development and marketing for all types of web and security technologies. His expertise ranges from cloud-based secure web gateways, to application security and mobile security consulting services, to network-based video surveillance.
Latest posts by Mark Miller (see all)
- Expanding Community Engagement at OWASP w/ Greg Anderson [Podcast] - November 30, 2017
- Application Health Check App v.2.3.0-02 - November 28, 2017
- Thoughts on Security in the Modern Software Supply Chain with Caroline Wong and Paula Thrasher - November 16, 2017
- AppSec EU 2017 Belfast in 10 Minutes or Less - May 12, 2017
- The Nexus Exchange: 30 New Integrations from the Community - April 17, 2017