Continuing the theme of integrating security in DevOps processes, I spoke with Sacha Lebourey, CEO of Cloudbees, during a stop at CD Summit in London. As one of the main players in the software supply chain for DevOps, I was interested in Sacha’s perspective on how automated security fit into that supply chain. We start the discussion with “What is continuous delivery” followed by the place for security in the modern developer environment.
About Sacha Labourey
Sacha was born in Neuchâtel, Switzerland and graduated in 1999 from EPFL. It was during Sacha’s studies in 1996 that he started his first consulting business – Cogito Informatique. In 2001, he joined Marc Fleury’s JBoss project as a core contributor and implemented JBoss’ original clustering features. In 2003, Sacha founded the European headquarters for JBoss and, as GM for Europe, led the strategy and partnerships that helped fuel the company’s growth in that region. While in this position, he led the recruitment of some of JBoss’ key talent and acquisition of key technology.
In 2005, he was appointed CTO of JBoss, Inc. and oversaw all of JBoss engineering. In June 2006, JBoss, Inc. was acquired by Red Hat (NYSE:RHT). After the acquisition, Sacha remained JBoss CTO and played a crucial role in integrating and productizing JBoss software with Red Hat offerings.
In 2007, Sacha became co-General Manager of Red Hat’s middleware division. He ultimately left Red Hat in April 2009 and founded CloudBees in April 2010.
Latest posts by Mark Miller (see all)
- Expanding Community Engagement at OWASP w/ Greg Anderson [Podcast] - November 30, 2017
- Application Health Check App v.2.3.0-02 - November 28, 2017
- Thoughts on Security in the Modern Software Supply Chain with Caroline Wong and Paula Thrasher - November 16, 2017
- AppSec EU 2017 Belfast in 10 Minutes or Less - May 12, 2017
- The Nexus Exchange: 30 New Integrations from the Community - April 17, 2017